Sunday, January 18, 2009

Farewell, Tony Hart

I was so sad to turn on the pc to discover that Tony Hart had passed away. What with Oliver Postgate a few weeks ago, it seems like my entire childhood is disappearing.

I have always been utterly terrible at art - straight E's in school, all the way through. That doesn't mean to say that I don't appreciate other people's efforts to teach me how to draw. Or other people's artistic efforts.

Tony Hart was always so lovely and grandfatherly and he made it look so easy. I watched him on Vision On, Take Hart and Hartbeat through the years. He conbined gentleness and creativity - and who can forget the Amazing Adventures of Morph? The painstaking effort it must have taken to put these episodes together never ceased to amaze me.



LibDig This!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails