Friday, September 24, 2010

Supporting the World's Biggest Coffee Morning for MacMillan Cancer Support

I am a huge fan of Macmillan Cancer Support and have been since they helped us during my mother-in-law's final illness. They were there for the whole family and even came out on Christmas Day to get us through one of those horrific times that anyone who has gone through losing someone they love to Cancer will recognise. I honestly don't know how we would have coped without them.

Ever since, they've had my money at every opportunity except one. Their annual World's Biggest Coffee Morning is a big fundraiser,but they used to run it in association Nescafe. Our Toddler Group used to participate, but I used to insist we used a different brand.

One of the few things that I stick rigidly to is the Nestle boycott. I won't knowingly consume anything that company makes because I disagree with the way they market their artificial baby milk in developing countries. They continue to undermine breastfeeding in a way I find unacceptable. Baby Milk Action has all the information you need on this issue here.

I was pleased to see that they aren't associated with Nescafe any more, with Kenco being their new "coffee partner". So, for the first time in a long time,I'm off to support the World's Biggest Coffee Morning at the Livingston Station Wonem's Group event. It starts around now and Ishould be back in time to see first practice for the Singapore Grand Prix.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails