Saturday, January 01, 2011

Real DIY and the Disappearing Amazon Snow Shovel

I know this is locking the stable door after the horse has bolted, but we ordered a snow shovel from Amazon, mainly because there was no way on earth we could get out of our street to buy one, at the beginning of December. We were assured that the seller, Real DIY, had dispatched it and it would no doubt get here some time. I first contacted Real DIY through Amazon on 20th December to tell them that it hadn't arrived. They didn't bother to reply.

We're now at a stage where every single thing, including things ordered from other sellers on the Amazon Marketplace at a much later date, has now arrived. So, I tried to send the sellers another e-mail via Amazon this morning. I had an almost immediate response saying that they couldn't pass it on as "this seller has left  marketplace". I know that I'm not alone as I know other people who ordered the same product from the same seller and it hasn't arrived either.

This is, thankfully, the only bad experience I've had with Amazon in many, many transactions, and we should get a refund through their a-z guarantee. However, you only get 5 lifetime claims so I'm not impressed at having to use one of them like this.

Has anyone actually had a snow shovel from these people arrive?

11 comments:

KelvinKid said...

You should contact trading standards to report the firm and your credit card company to secure a refund.

Jennie Rigg said...

Plus one for what Kelvin said.

Mark Pack said...

I didn't know about the 5 limit, grrr, but my previous experience of sorting out problems with Amazon is that they are very good so I hope you'll find the system works as well for you.

I also found the Amazon system worked quicker and more easily than asking credit card company for a refund, so I would recommend giving Amazon a try first.

Anonymous said...

I feel I have just read my own complaint almost duplicate of what I wrote. I have had no success with the shovel, but didn't know about Amazon and there refunds but will sure as hell try. Thanks for the tip. Moira

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar...... I can't get a reply from the fraudsters either. Trying to file a claim with Amazon right now. Grrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone...I have just had a very helpful discussion with the owner of RealDiy. I am advised that the problem DOES NOT lie with them, it is Amazon who have not paid them for past orders. RealDiy had stock & staff to cope with all the Xmas orders, but have now stopped working with Amazon. Try their new website www.ivanty.com. They will be on e-bay again soon too. Refunds are to be claimed from Amazon, who have all the customers money. You can call RealDiy on 01777708334 for advice.

Unknown said...

That doesn't explain why I received an e-mail saying my snow shovel had been despatched. Clearly this was not the case and someone has given me false information.

John from Aberdeen said...

Hi Caron, I also received an e-mail from Amazon to say my items had been dispatched. This is apparently an automated message, generated when the order has gone through various processes. I do not always believe it either. I contacted Amazon regarding a refund (following my blog entry here) and have had the money credited to my debit card already. Make the point very clear that you are blaming Amazon and not RealDiy and you wish to preserve your 5 claim record intact. It is Amazon that are in breach of contract and may have acted fraudulently NOT RealDiy. Sorry for not laving my name it is John from Aberdeen

Anonymous said...

Regarding the mysterious snow shovels ,I too sent for one,same place, it didn't come, I then requested a full refund from Amazon, NO PROBLEM I had my refund in a matter of days.I will continue to shop with Amazon.
CHRIS SCOTT

Anonymous said...

It's a real shame, Amazon have with-held 70k of Real DIY's money and the brick & mortar shops have been forced to close.

Jack Stewart said...

I have had exactly the same experience. The item was ordered at the beginning of December and the funds taken from my account on 6th December. As of now the snow shovel has not arrived and I have made a complaint to Amazon and expect them to address the issue.

Amazon however have asked me to contact REALDIY, but my view is that I placed the order through Amazon and therefore expect them to take full ownership and responsibility for the issue and not just pass the buck. This is very frustrating..........apart from the fact that I have had to source a snow shovel from a different source in the meantime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails