Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Five years in five posts - May 2007-12 Part 1

I thought I might have a trawl back through the archives of this blog and look at what I was writing at roughly this time for the last five years, just out of interest.

Way back in 2007, it was goodbye (and good riddance) to Tony Blair. 

In 2008, people were opening their pay packets to discover that Labour had doubled taxes on the lowest paid by abolishing the 10p tax rate. 

In 2009, I was taking a trip down Memory Lane, remembering my political firsts

In 2010, I was not happy about the habitual male domination of the election campaign just gone. It's a subject I've written about many times and it's not just me. This very week The Burd has had her say on pretty much the same subject.

Last year, still reeling from the horror of the election results, I set to working out how the SNP had managed to win their overall majority.

If you have a blog what were you writing about this time in previous years?

1 comment:

oneexwidow said...

As a relative newcomer (I'll have been blogging for 3 years come July) I have less to draw on...

1 year ago, to the day, I featured the great Aretha Franklin in the second of my "Sunday Sounds" series: http://oneexwidow.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/sunday-sounds-2.html

2 years ago, I was on a break coinciding with moving house and not having WiFi. An apology piece appeared on the 18th May 2010 but first piece of substance was this on the coalition: http://oneexwidow.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/since-ive-been-gone.html

Andrew

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails